Quilting For Beginners
If you fancy having a go at patchwork quilting – these Log Cabin quilted cushion panels are a great place to start! Stylish and cosy, a great addition to your home, with an added sense of pride that you made it! A Log Cabin is a quilting block made up of thin strips of fabric which makes it a great scrap busting project so you’ll be doing your bit for the planet too.
On this course you will learn: –
- How to choose suitable fabrics
- How to Measure and cut your fabric using a cutting mat and rotary cutter
- How to put your fabric pieces together to create your log cabin effect
- How to attach and use a walking foot on the sewing machine
- What type of wadding to use
- How to layer up your quilt
- How to quilt through the layers
- How to assemble your cushion cover
- Plus – lots of sewing tips along the way
The course is suitable for beginners, however, you will need to have used a sewing machine before. If you have never used a sewing machine then you could attend the Absolute Beginners Class first.
Refreshments are included and all equipment is provided, you just need to bring your own fabric.
Day: Thursday Evening
Time: 6pm – 8.30pm
Date: This course is made up of 4 sessions – please click on drop down list to choose your dates