Absolute Beginners Sewing Class
This class is suitable for absolute beginners or for those of you who haven’t sewn in a while and would like to refresh your skills and regain your confidence. I will show you how to use a sewing machine and teach you some basic sewing skills. You will then put your new skills into practice and make two lovely items to take home with you.
During this Absolute Beginners Class you will learn how to:
- set up and switch on your machine
- wind a bobbin
- thread the machine
- select the stitches
- adjust the tension
- How to make it sew!!
You will then practice: –
- Using a straight stitch – sewing in a straight line
- Using a zig-zag stitch
- Using a back stitch
- Sewing two pieces of fabric together with a straight stitch – understand what a seam allowance is
- Lifting the presser foot and pivot to sew round corners
- Finish a raw edge with a zig zag stitch
- Sew a simple hem
- and much much more!
You will then use your new skills to make 2 lovely items to take home with you.
Use of all equipment and as much tea and coffee as you can drink are all included.
You will receive an email with more detail once you have booked your place.
Time: 10am – 4pm
Date: please select your date from the drop down list